Friday, July 5, 2013

Week 3 Activity 11: Creative Commons


Task 3

Write a blog post reflecting on how you think Creative Commons may affect you professionally and/or personally. Be sure to include "Activity 11" in your post title and to include your quiz score somewhere in your post.

Creative Commons-- I got lucky!
The following is the picture selected from creativecommons.org  > fotopedia.com for this log post. I consider it a "real-time" device according to this wikipedia explanation "the producing and analysis of images at display time." Although the photo can't be embedded, reused, remixed, or analyzed online in its original form, it does capture and display a moment in time in a moments notice. I find myself, at times in the classroom, wishing that I could have a polaroid to capture the moment and paste it on a poster, billboard, etc without the hassle of an SD or USB. In the words of Polaroid, lets wait and  "See what develops!"

                      Photo Credit: Polaroid Supercolor 635 (Håkan Dahlström) / CC BY 2.0
reflection on creativecommons.org
I have finally found time to play with the CC logo and corresponding websites! As a result, I updated my the Polaroid picture above, making proper attributions to the owner of the photograph. I will continue to consider it for future data sharing and become more knowledgeable of the sciencecommons.org licensing.

A drawback to consider may be the loss of creative control and the possibility that you may not get compensation for the original creative creation! In regards to the Polaroid above, it just seems so safe. Point, shoot, and be creative. No need to Copyright but you may be limiting yourself on what your waiting "to see what develops."



No comments:

Post a Comment